"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Saturday, June 13, 2009

What I've Been Up To While Away From Blogging

Surprise! I'm still alive. You know...what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger?! It's a fact, for God is faithful beyond anything that we can even imagine.

Without going into a lot of detail, the past months have been painful, trying, painful, slow, fast, full. That about covers it!
I've read some REALLY good books that have impacted me tremendously; and I'll share those with you soon.

I've discovered SO much about myself as a child of the King of Glory. You'll probably get to hear about that too!

I've learned some truths about said King that have rocked my world! Oh! He's much bigger than you may be thinking. Creator, Savior? That's nothing compared to who He is in all His majesty!

I've also cried a hundred, million tears...each of which are safely in the hands of the Lord.

I know you're curious. I would be. It's very hard to share personal traumas that are so private, so that is why I've been "away". I've received your many notes though! I know many of you have been praying for my family. I am so grateful! We are the body of Christ and even out here in La-La-Land, we can take care of one another.

If I have any readers left out there, I appreciate your sticking "close" and checking back even after all this time. I feel like I've turned a corner in my journey and I'm eager to share the wonderful good news that has been revealed to me of God's faithfulness. He is so AMAZING! Amazing, amazing God!

My journey, and that of my family, is far from over. I wish I could report that it was, but I can unequivocally say that no journey worth taking--no road ever followed (regardless of whether or not you would have preferred to just "stay home")--ever truly comes to an end this side of eternity. So on we march!

His mercies TRULY are NEW EVERY single morning! Great is His faithfulness.

At this moment, I'm listening to birds and mowers, while a cool breeze drifts in my bedroom windows. My children are singing and dancing to praise music downstairs--LOUD praise music! We're expecting a bit of pool time later. School stuff is overflowing my brain. School stuff is ALWAYS overflowing my brain! There's just so much to do! :)

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Welcome back! I cannot wait to hear about your reading. Isn't it comforting to know we are not alone on our journeys? Thanks for writing.
~Tracy

Kim said...

It was so good to "see" you today in my feed reader. :-) I'm looking forward to hearing about what you are learning. ((Take care.))
-Kim

EEEEMommy said...

I love you, friend! I'm glad to see you back too! What God has taught you needs to be shared, so that others can glean from it. He promises to cause it to work together for good, and amazingly that can happen even here. Keep singing His glory! He has been glorified in you, and He will be glorified through all of this.

My son misses yours and was asking about him today, wanting to tell him something or other about Legos. Go figure. ;) Unfortunately, he leaves for Scout Camp tomorrow for a week. Let's plan something for the following.

Sigh...I love typing in your comment box. :) I've missed you much! :)

Susan said...

I was wondering what has happened to you. I break is good. I hope all is well, and while i don't know details, I do know from experience that all you say about God is true. We are finally turning the corner on our own journey. Our house finally sold after a year on the market. God has been so faithful and has given me precious gifts in the midst of it all. HE IS SO GOOD. Hope to hear more from you soon.
Love, Sus

Anonymous said...

You have been greatly missed! As always I am looking forward to learning from the path that you are walking. Thank you for your willingness to share with us your trials as well as triumphs.

Take care,
Beth
(Tucson, AZ)

Anonymous said...

Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds...James 1:2 because our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. breastcancer survior

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Glad to have you back, and can't wait to hear what God has been teaching you. (( hugs ))

Kathy said...

So good to see you here on the other side of all *that*.:-) My spring was very similar to what you described...and we've both 'lived to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.' As always, your transparency blesses.

Netherfieldmom said...

Hey--I've been gone from blogging too and just dropped in to find this--hope you are on the downhill side of whatever's happened. Let me just testify that He can carry you through and the sun will shine, PTL.

Melissa said...

SO glad you are back! You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,
Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89

Deidra said...

Hey my friend,

I look forward to hearing all that God puts on your heart to share!!

LovingHim4ever(Deidra)

Stacey said...

His mercies are new every morning!
so Good Morning and welcome back!

Renae said...

I agree with the sentiments above. I've missed you or, I guess I should say, I've missed reading your thoughts out here in La-La-Land.

Our journeys are never what we expect them to be and I guess that's part of the plan. We don't see clearly that's why we hold onto His hand.

Jennifer said...

I can so relate. Sometimes it's a real balancing act to share the amazing lessons God is teaching during those intensely personal situations. Praying for your family as you continue following Him through it all!