"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Saturday, July 24, 2010

House For Sale

I knew that selling our house would not be easy.  The logistics.  The emotions.  Hard business selling your home under these circumstances.  At the same time, I can't help but find joy in knowing that God has all the details worked out.  He has written the script.  

The kids have really stepped up to help with the daily upkeep, not to mention the added intensity of preparing for showings.  They have finally learned to pick things up when they are done with them, and not to drag every cotton-pickin' thing out on a whim!  (Really, house selling is just a sinister plot to train 'em!) 

It's funny though, the things you learn only when you have to sell your house.  For instance, painting baseboards is not that hard.  And, if you clean the shower ten times in a row, it does get clean again!  I will say, however, I've had more ants with a spotless house than I ever did with a few crumbs on the floor.  The biggest surprise has been how much easier it is to keep things in order when there is NO CLUTTER!  Amazing.  Vacuuming is much easier also!

On the flip side, my van looks like a moving truck threw up in it.  Whatever we can't hide, goes in the van.  Not sure the wisdom in that decision, but my 10yo keeps reminding me "we have a good excuse for it being so messy."  Bless his ever-loving heart.

So I do have a few kudos:  I'm not sure where I'd be without my Swiffer(s).  If I was rich, I'd buy the company!  And Pledge on the shower doors REALLY works!  Amazing!  But then there are the disappointing things like spider webs.  Those spiders are FAST!  My front porch has to be de-webbed daily!  And let's not forget the dishes and laundry.  Always more dishes.  Always more laundry.  I tried to finagle my way out of those chores, but they are here to stay.  We've had other challenges too, like appliances acting fritzy, and toilets that have decided they have a mind of their own.  Grrrrrr!

Emotionally, the hardest part is yet again, the waiting.  And the waiting.  Wait for a showing.  Wait for the feedback.  Wait for a sale.  Wait.  Wait.  We've been waiting a lot the last couple of years.  But that's okay too.  Remembering who's in control does make a the difference. 

I take a deep breath and wonder if we'll really get our school year going before we are interrupted (blessed!) to move.   Can we move and still do school?  Makes my head spin to think about it, but, there is no point in being anxious.  (Wait, wait! :))

3 comments:

Dana said...

In other words, "Don't pay interest on an loan you don't have"

Anonymous said...

The Lord is with you! How has everything gone? I think before I got off FB- I saw that you were moving? Was that right? Hope all is well! Look forward to keeping in contact with you through the blog world! Have a great school year!

Blessings to you!

Jennifer French

Toyin O. said...

You will find the right buyer according to God's perfect will and timing:)