"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Well-Planned Day, Hooray!

I confess!  I'm a planner junkie.  Mostly because I'm a planning junkie.  That said, it was only a matter of time before I got around to the Well-Planned Day planner from Rebecca Keliher and Home Educating Family. It's really pretty!  I know I could get technical about the things I love and don't love about it, but the fact is, it's pretty.  It makes me feel good to write in it and that's just so sad!  But true!  I'm tired of 3-ring binder planners.  I'm tired of things falling out of notebooks.  I'm tired of printing things.  Sure, it's not perfect, but it really does have quite a lot of useful features.  And it's pretty.

It's made me realize something else rather dastardly about myself.  Besides the fact that I'm a planner junkie, that is.  I love filling in blanks.  I'm one of those people who used to love workbooks!  Every blank neatly filled out.  Forms!  I love forms.  Beth Moore studies, for example.  Blanks to fill!  Things requiring penmanship in my rather overly typed world.  So okay.  So far, I'm glad I took the chance on this planner, given the price.  I'm relatively certain it will earn it's keep this year. 

I also bought the Well-Grounded Middle Schooler to try to help my son with his budding independence that is FINally kicking in.  It must be because he's reached 5'4" and he's only TEN.  Ah.  Well.  His is pretty too.  Of course, I just told him it looks rather "smart".  He got the picture.

2 comments:

Renae said...

I got this planner, too. I haven't started using it because this first part of July is crazy, but I look forward to filling in the blanks.

I think there's going to be a lot more I like about it, than what I don't. Because as you mentioned, it's pretty. I've been wanting pretty for a long time. ;)

Dana said...

I was looking at this planner when I remembered you'd done a review of one. Guess it's the one to go with--especially since I don't really have anything to compare it to.

I don't like printing things out either, or pages falling out of notebooks.

Blessings--
Dana