"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Monday, October 20, 2008

Absent


Even though I blog "without obligation", when a turn of events prevents me from blogging regularly, I miss "communicating" with you all.

God has been teaching our family some tough things as of late.

Perseverance.
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
(Rom 5:3-5)

Patience and endurance.
May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy,
(Col 1:11)

Love.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
(1Co 13:4-7)

It's more than likely not a coincidence that our hymn for this month is "Be Still My Soul".

Be Still My Soul

by Ka­tha­ri­na A. von Schle­gel, 1752

Be still, my soul; the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to Order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.

Be still, my soul; thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul; thy God doth undertake
to guide the Future as He has the past,
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;

all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul; the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul; the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone, sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul; when change and tears are past,

all safe and blessed we shall meet at last. Amen

I will post when I can, but expect that the lessons God is teaching may also include long-suffering. For now, we rest in the Father's hand and wait on Him.

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

That Romans 5 passage is one of my most cherished! Hope does not disappoint! I continue to pray for you!