"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Been Votin'

It took some persuading, but we did go vote today. I love early voting! You still get that grand thrill and sense of accomplishment, as well as showing your children, first-hand, how to make history. I didn't get a "I voted" sticker though...bummer.

I have to say, it was a rather interesting process, this "voting early in a big city" business. Crowded! And, the system of checks and balances they had in place was amazing. No one person did more than one step. I believe we went through 8 stations! One person would check a number, and someone else would double check it and sign off.

When I forgot to put my ballot in the envelope, the lady at the table actually threw her hands in the air and instructed me to put it in. She wasn't gonna touch that thing with a ten-foot pole. I appreciated that.

So. We voted. Then husband thought it would be funny to scare me into thinking he didn't vote for McCain. Not funny! A sense of humor that a wife can strangle appreciate!!!

The kids were with us and excited. They've heard SO MUCH about this election and have repeatedly asked if they could vote. Unfortunately, we don't know where the ACORN offices are, so the answer had to be NO! :)

There is so much to learn through this process. It's exciting to get the kids involved. We've read quite a few election "helps" for homeschoolers and Sean Hannity's radio show has stirred the kids to song writing, quote spouting, and flag waving!

I did hear today that Moody Broadcasting is hosting an election night program for reporting returns and election news from a Biblical worldview. Since we don't have TV, we'll probably be listening in and happy to hear something other than Obama-mania. They stream live here. They are also calling for prayer and fasting on Monday, Nov. 3rd. I have more than one thing worthy of a bit of prayer and fasting, so I'm up for that! Care to join me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I are with you. May God have mercy. We are looking for a president to care for us. God wants us to look to him.

Also, I'm praying for you.

Stacey said...

good chuckle on the ACORN joke!
thanks for the streaming webcast info...not exactly top coverage here in Spain! you're always so full of good links!