"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It IS August After All

It is August! And with it come so many reminders. Reminders that summer has come and gone; that school is starting. Reminders that it's time to begin thinking about jeans and sweaters; fall decorating and stocking up on tea and cocoa.

For me, this August must be a fresh start. One of pressing forwarding and holding on. One of enduring with courage; a patience made manifest in and inspired by hope. There is much to do and no time for dragging and lagging and ruminating of sorrows so horribly thrust upon us. It's time to instruct and heed instruction.

Emotionally we are coping. Waiting. Praying.

Me? I'm desperately seeking the new normal. Each day is filled with blessings and trials. We battle the trials and embrace the blessings: New church, new friends, new school year. New shape for our family. New day, new hour, new minute. But always aware of the presence of the Lord.

We are into our 2nd week of school and already tweaking our schedule, thinking about routines (Daisy!) and reflecting on our 1st days. We have some GREAT resources to use this year. Many new and wonderful helps that God has poured upon us. Want to know what we're doing? I'll tell you shortly.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hi--glad to hear from you. Glad to hear the hope in your voice.

Daisy said...

It's just one step at a time. Glad to see you. I've thought about you a lot and you've been in my prayers.

I dropped my Twitter. I was getting too many trashy spam followers & horrid profile pictures.

Deidra said...

Hi friend,

It's been a while. I'm glad to see u back in the blogosphere...I'm trying to back into it myself. Looking forward to reading more!!

Deidra

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Glad you have some great resources this year.

The new normal is very hard to accept sometimes. But we can still see God in our new normal and we can look forward to the day when all will be well. When we can leave our troubles and sorrows and lost dreams behind.

We can finish this race that God has set before us. And we can finish it WELL!

You are precious to God, Melissa. The King always takes care of His children. He loves you and will never forsake you.

Praying for Him to hold you close and bless you richly and abundantly, my friend!

Susan said...

Melissa, I just saw your comment at Marsha's. I was afraid something unimaginable like that happened and I am so sorry for the pain you've had to endure. May God continue to hold you in the palm of His hand. Praying for you.