"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Week in Review 8/14/09

A little late, but here's what happened our first week:


Son...
...started 5th grade.
...began geometry completely on his own.
...also decided to tackle algebra.
...learned his first latin words.
...committed to reading his Bible on his own.
...stood with the Lincoln family.
...toured the Lincoln home, tomb, & museum/library.
...did first written narration, on the creation story, with minimal hysterics.
...began reading about Leonardo DaVinci.
...read "First Book of Ancient Egypt".
...began reading "Carry On, Mr. Bowditch."


Daughter...
...began Kindergarten.
...got to skip several math lessons.
...quizzed all phonograms: oral & written.
...heard the creation story.
...excitedly continued her reading from her reader.
...was always ready for the next thing.


The Mama...
...met Monday with joy and relief!
...invited the Holy Spirit to be present in all we do.
...cheered daughter as she got into the swing of participating more in lessons.
...drove to Springfield, Illinois to see Lincoln.
...was rejoicing to have friends along!
...was ready for the weekend.


**My apologies to Daisy for stealing her idea for this post! Forgive me!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Ok, so when I first 'met' you your daughter was like 2, just a baby still. I cannot believe she is in Kindergarten already. So cute they are!

Daisy said...

LOL. You go for it, girl! I'll take it as a compliment. You can use my format any time you wish.

I loved reading it! It turns life into poetry.

I love that daughter was always ready for the next thing, that son committed to reading his Bible on his own, and Mom experienced the presence of the Holy Spirit in her week.

Many more blessings on your family!

EEEEMommy said...

What a great first week!! :)