"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Monday, August 24, 2009

Week in Review 8/21/09

And our 2nd week...

Son...
...is flying through "Carry On, Mr. Bowditch". Loves it.
...handled his first algebraic stumbling block very well.
...began writing full-page narration! Whoopppeee!
...began regular tennis lessons after enjoying a tennis camp.
...started reading "Adam and His Kin" and really loves it, too!
...got his trombone put together for the 1st time.
...getting excited to go see the King Tut exhibit next week.




Daughter...
...continued to fly through her math.
...continued to also fly through her phonograms!
...started her new learning log for spelling.
...began regular copywork.
...watched video of "God's Story" on Christian Answers, with brother.
...is enjoying being read to much more as of late.
...also enjoyed her tennis lessons.


The Mama...
...is setting up some good routines.
...is thankful both children are enjoying their lessons!
...loves the new resources for this year.
...read together about William Cowper in "Mr. Pipes" book.
Learned the hymn, "Sometimes a Light Surprises."
...needs more time in the day.
...is determined to stick with nature study even though it's most out of character!
...may have to set "Swimming Creatures.." aside--tough decision.
...finished reading "The Hidden Hand", by E.D.E.N. Southward.



4 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

Sounds like you're making great progress! We're about to start doing Swimming Creatures with a friend and her kids. Why are you thinking of dropping it?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful start. I am glad to see that you are able to continue to homeschool despite whatever trial you are going through.

Kimberly Lottman said...

I want you to know what an inspiration your blog has been to me. I've spent several hours this afternoon perusing the archives, and I've been so inspired.

You and I share a lot of similarities in views and opinions, and some differences! :0) But that's what makes the world go round, right? I know I'd be pretty upset if everyone was just like me! But then, it's nice to find a kindred spirit along the path as well!

Praying for whatever circumstances you are facing. You're children are beautiful.

Many blessings,
Kim

SueFitz said...

Congrats on your blogoversay!