"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weeks in Review 8/28/09 & 9/4/09

Son...
...continues to amaze me with his diligence in tackling geometry.
...read "Weekend with Leonardo DaVinci".
...read 1/2 of "The Young Brahms" and loved it!
...really enjoyed seeing the King Tut exhibit and making a new friend.
...finished part 2 of the study of Turkey (the place; not the food!) in A Child's Geography: The Holy Land.
...read chapter about pronouns in "Grammarland".
...was sick Friday.

Daughter...
...is fluently adding numbers up to 10.
...began her new ballet class and loves it (of course)!
...is writing very neatly.
...and is very quick with her spelling.
...did great at King Tut and loves her hieroglyphics stencil.
...was sick Thursday.



The Mama...
...began new Lamplighter read-aloud: "The Probable Sons".
...wants to finish "Trusting God", by Jerry Bridges, this week.
...is also reading the Lamplighter "House of Love".
...was sick Thursday.


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hope everyone is feeling better! My, you have been busy :-)
Loved Modern Egypt-We are hoping to make it to TUT, maybe next month. Illness seems to be everywhere in B-town right now.
Take care,
~Tracy

EEEEMommy said...

I have Probable Sons sitting on my shelf...
You're plugging right along! I like the last picture!