"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Still Living Life Between the Trees!


There is something truly wonderful about a fresh start.  Even with pain and memory, we are so blessed to have a God that promises His best for those who love Him.  And He delivers!  I am a living testament that God's Word is true and that He is faithful.  Miracles do happen today.  Prayers are answered.  And even though today, Sunday, June 27th, 2010, I find myself divorced and the single mom to two precious children, I rest in His presence!

There is no way that I could possibly share all that God has done since our journey took this unexpected turn, but He has lived up to His names!  I am grateful.  While I'm exuberant in our moving forward, I'm so humbled by the giving of friendship and the lifting up of prayers for us.  Thank you!  You have no idea what a power that holds until you desperately need it yourself.  Please don't stop.  We are far from through the muck, but we've chosen the narrow path and know exactly where it leads.

I know that you're wondering, so it is with great joy that I share that we will continue to homeschool.  Hallelujah!!!  This is a huge answer to prayer and one that I do not take for granted, or take lightly. 

I've neglected my blog for so long, mainly because of privacy (if you know what I mean!).  Seeing the picture of the trees covered in snow while it's 98 degrees out, made me realize it was time to make a decision about blogging.  If God can be glorified by my blogging, then I want to keep sharing our homeschool journey!  Love doing that!  I couldn't decide whether I needed a new name, purpose, etc., for our little place on the internet.  But have realized that the message is still the same and though my life has taken on a much different shape, I'm still right where God wants me and I'm still right between those trees.  We'll see how it all comes together as we look to Him each day!

Thanks for being here with me!  The first of you to tune in have done so purposefully and I'm so glad you have.  If you have a blog, would you please consider posting my new link?  I know a lot of "friends" will be misplaced with my decision to "move", but it was necessary!  Thanks again!  Let me know how you're doing sometime!  I miss you!

7 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

Still living...what relief, what joy these two words bring. For this trial has not ended in death. Quite the opposite. You are more alive in Christ, and I look forward to continue living life in Christ with you! And I am confident that we will see His goodness in the land of the living!
I love you, friend!

Annie said...

Sweet Cousin, I am glad you are up and running again. This is a new journey but you have done it with grace. Thank you for modeling what it means to lean on Christ. We all love you so, Annie

Beth S. said...

Hi Melissa!

I am so glad to see you back in internet land. I kept checking your blog and knew/hoped that you would come back when you were ready and the time was right. I look forward to being in touch again and hearing of all the LORD'S wonderful mercies and grace. He is so GOOD!

Your Tucson friend...

Beth

Susan said...

Melissa, so glad to hear the victory that you have in Christ. You are an amazing testimony my friend and I look forward to learning more from you. Bless this new journey you are one. Love, Susan

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Can't wait to read more about God's blessings on you and your kiddos. :) So glad to be able to witness your faith and confidence in Him.

A Dusty Frame said...

From one single homeschooling mom to another---You can do it!:)

I'm glad you can continue to do so. It's been a huge blessing and sanctuary in our life.
Lizzie
www.adustyframe.com

Kathy said...

So thrilled to find you here! As so many of us know who have been through trauma and healing and lived to tell about it (LOL! ;-), He is the one who sustains us, keeps us, and launches us into new revelation and new seasons. With you in the process...Blessings!