"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Literal Child


The literal child is upset by the idea that you should GIVE your HEART to Jesus. Wouldn't it hurt to pull out one's heart for anyone? Don't you NEED your heart?

This was the first indication that I had a literal child.

Then there was the toothpaste...

"DON'T swallow the toothpaste! It has soap in it and it's not good for you. Spit it out."

Hours later she is found washing her hands with toothpaste...because it has SOAP in it!

Oh boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.... so often I can not get your blog to load. We are still on dial up. I am on a high speed pc right now.... so reading over your blog. I love it here.

blessings,
Teena mom to 1/2 dozen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/teena6

Daisy said...

Yep, I have one of those. When Buttercup was 3yo she was fooling around in the church nursery. I told her if she didn't stop that, Miss Shannon would have a cow when she got there. My daughter dropped her jaw and her eyes were huge..."Really? Miss Shannon is going to bring a cow!" (with awe in her voice). You learn to word things very carefully.

EEEEMommy said...

Delightful!
She doesn't think I'm really an angel does she? I've actually had a few sweet (literal) kids think I am. LOL