"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A Notebook of Notebooking Pages

I love using the notebook method for our schooling, but there are side effects. One is lots of paper and copies. Another is the stacks that come with lots of paper and copies. Then there is also the lost or damaged paper and copies which leads to the replacement copies of the paper copies and that means more paper, more ink, etc. Whew! I get tired of stacks of paper. Worse than that, I get tired of constantly having to come up with notebooking pages. I would much rather plan for them and have them ready, even if it's a year in advance. This takes some organizing.

With some forethought I'm hoping to keep all those copies representing hard work on my part, organized and ready for easy access. I'm trying another notebook. This one I'm organizing by date. More specifically, by month. For some reason, organizing by subject did not work for me. I think that had to do with my subject notebook getting too big. I wasn't consistent in keeping things together and I didn't want to lug them all around, all the time.

I'm working hard to come up with notebooking pages for the various subjects and levels I need. This is not part of the job I enjoy, but part that is very valuable and necessary. I've learned that using notebooking as a criteria for selecting my curriculum can be helpful. For instance, this year's geography, "Trailguide to US Geography" also has available a multi-level notebooking CD.

I'll share more about our notebooking choices in the future, as time allows.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

As a lover of all things paper, I am anxiously waiting to learn how you organize it all :-)
I am what my husband calls "folder crazy." Which seems to mean I have a lot of folders and a lot of papers waiting to be placed into folders.

**By the way--the laundry soap is such a hit that I now am making it for my parents as well :-)
Thanks!
Tracy

Daisy said...

I love this notebooking idea!!

Oh, Just had to add that I'm a laundry soap convert also. I've never found a laundry soap that didn't cause me to break out in a rash. I finally tried the homemade stuff and we are rash-free!!

Kathy said...

I'm looking to expand our use of notebooking for the coming year. We notebooked for our botany study and loved the results. Looking forward to hearing more...as time allows, of course.;-)
Kathy @ www.restorationplace.typepad.com