"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Booking

It started with my last take from a used book sale....

I just couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't put them up! There was no order to my shelves. My good friend and booksaleing buddy helped me determine how we use them and put them in that order. We chose our Truthquest History indexes.

With the help of my handy dandy label maker, I labeled every section from the indexes. This label means AHYS book 2 (II), section 15. Gotta love that!


I have a lot of pilgrim books! But we LOVE pilgrim books!

Ta da! Now...don't croak. These are just my American history living books. There are a few fiction mixed in (that are blatantly history related). Here is the rest of my fiction, which I put in alphabetical order by author. I used to have them by title, but that was a disaster! Surprised?

Picture books on top.

Continued... (Oops! There's E's pillow, Angel!)

And continued again. These shelves are FULL. Not sure what I'll do with any more fiction!

Here's most of the science goodies.


Here's our notebooks, literature, art, music, Bible, and more history.



And these are the books in our school room and in current use.

It makes my head spin. I'm grateful for the chance to collect all these goodies AND USE THEM! And I DO have a plan to use ALL of them! More on that soon. So...

No books are on the floor. No piles. Now to check my list and make sure it's up to date.

(See! I have been busy!)

I'll leave you with this...

It's my library book sale bags...
hanging on the treadmill...
which is broken...
and besides...
isn't that what treadmills are for?? :)

8 comments:

Daisy said...

FINALLY! I'm not sure what the deal was but when I tried to click to leave a comment earlier, it wouldn't work.

Glad to see all is working. I love your bookshelves. We have a ton of books, too. Organizing helps a ton! Now, if I could just get the kids to put everything back. Nah, actually they do a pretty good job.

Glad you are over your brain freeze. I've missed your posts.

Dana said...

.....and Rick thinks I buy a lot of books....


HA!


Blessings--
Dana

Anonymous said...

Now that can comment; I also wanted to comment on how organized your books are! I started with my shelves somewhat organized by subject, but the kids haven't kept it up. =(
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Book Heaven! Can I come live at your house? ( :

Laura Lee said...

Thanks for stopping by!! I too use Truthquest, starting in 3rd grade, for my AO-modified home school. ;-) Can I just say, "I LOVE your bookcases!" I don't have the room for the spread you have, but I dream; I dream.

Jeanne said...

"The person, be it lady or gentleman, who has not pleasure in a good novel must be intolerably stupid." (Henry Tilney in Jane Austin's Northanger Abbey)

Great post!!

Jeanne

Kathy said...

You must be basking in the contentment of finding a new system for your books. So good to have beloved books in order.:-) They look great!!
Kathy @ www.restorationplace.net

Susan said...

Ok, you have an unbelievable amount of books! I can't wait to move so I can unpack our books. They've been packed up for a year now.