"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

I suppose the dog days of summer are upon us, though the official start of summer is still a week away. Our temperatures rose quickly and the humidity joined with it hand in hand. I've had every intention of blogging daily, but the heat and the craziness of not actually being home much has prevented me. The posts still run through my mind each day!

Today was my last attempt to go garage saleing. Finally, I found some clothes my daughters size (or upcoming size!). That was my goal. I'm through. It is tough "work" and the driving, at these prices, makes it harder. More than anything though, I missed working in my yard in the cool of the morning--however long it lasted today! I still have many things to plant, but I can't bear the direct sun. I just finished building my trellises for my raised beds, minus the netting. That was enough heat for the time-being. I'm thinking cool thoughts, sipping my ice tea and writing to you!

We'll be celebrating Father's Day tonight to beat the crowds at husband's soon-to-be favorite restaurant. We thought he was heading out on a trip tomorrow, but he gets to be home! Besides, celebrating his fatherliness over two days is twice as good! That's all I've got for now. :)

1 comment:

Daisy said...

I hope you had a blessed (and cool) Father's Day. We've been hot here also. We are outside by about 6am and back in by 9am. We are running close to 100 degrees this week. Uugh. I dread July.