"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Monster Truck; Monster Pile



Do you see this monstrous pile of mulch? Do you see my husband's sense of humor parking on top of it? This is his way of letting me in on the fact that he wearies of the "pile". It has dwindled significantly and will soon be gone. Hallelujah! Changing out our old moldy mulch for healthier, more natural mulch was a great idea (Thanks, Suz!), but a huge job! Now the children...that's a different matter...

To say that the children weary of the pile, would be false! They have climbed it, biked it, dug holes in it. They have turned it into the Alamo and fortified it with weapons. They have tracked it all over my house and worn it in their hair. The fact that it's half cow poop means little. It is the grand things that childhood are made of. It is heaven on earth and joy from the minute go. It will be sadly missed and though son has dutifully shoveled it for me, I believe he just wants to stay close to it!

No comments: