"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Monday, June 02, 2008

Mulling The Life

There are so many things I'm mulling over at the moment...

  • What to feed my family during the summer months.
  • What NOT to feed my family during the summer months.
  • The continuing process of planning for fall lessons.
  • The excitement of summer and a more relaxed schedule.
  • Being less busy and more able to spend fun time with family and friends.
  • Reading more.
  • Getting off sugar again.
  • Finishing my flower beds.
  • Being a better help meet.
  • Etcetera. Etcetera.
The thing that constantly amazes me is how busy we are. We don't do a lot of sports teams or lessons. We are not shoppers. We don't just "go" for the sake of "going". We invented the Staycation! We are just busy. The days and weeks fly by and I can't catch them. I would like things to slow down a bit. There is always a thousand things to do. There are always frustrations regarding the undone 999. I long to be still. Tranquility seems elusive, yet I know exactly where it is.

Why don't I go there? Why won't I rest in the Master's hands? How we must grieve our Heavenly Father with our attention to the details of life and our lack of attention to the details of The Life.

Father, hear my prayers!

2 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

I hear you, I hear you!!!
Amen and Amen!

Jennifer said...

Mulling much here, too, and identifying with the longing *and* the conviction. I needed to read this, today. Thanks for sharing your heart!