"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Nine & Five


Fourth grade/Nine Years Old:

Bible & Character: Judah Bible, 4th year
History: Truthquest History, American History for Young Students Vol. III
Geography: Trailguide to U.S. Geography (1st half of states) and in conjunction with Cantering the Country; Indiana State History & Geography (extended study)
Literature: Poetry of Eugene Field, Lewis Carroll, William Wordsworth, & Alfred Noyes & Charles Dickens, Heidi, Hans Brinker & the Silver Skates, Carry On, Mr. Bowditch, Treasure Island & The Secret Garden
Math: Right Start, Level E
Spelling: Spell to Write and Read
Writing: Institute for Excellence in Writing, (cross curricular)
Art: Artistic Pursuits, Book 2
Music: Opal Wheeler books, & Music & Moments with the Master
Science: Exploring Creation with Botany, by Jeannie Fulbright
Typing: Computer program

Also using: Copywork, Narration, Memorization, Art Appreciation Calendar, Calendar Fun, Hymn Study, Poem a Day & introducing journaling.

Pre-K/Kindergarten/5 years old:

Bible & Character: Noah Plan Kindergarten Lessons
History: Noah Plan Kindergarten Lessons (emphasis on what History is)
Literature: Noah Plan Kindergarten Lessons: Lullabies, Poetry of Christina Rosetti, Fairy Tales, Mother Goose, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Rabbit, Aesops Fables, Uncle Remus, Bambi, Little House in the Big Woods & possible FIAR selections
Math: Right Start, Level A
Spelling, Reading: Spell to Write and Read
Penmanship: Cursive First, w/emphasis on manuscript

And if she is so inclined to join her brother...
Art: Artistic Pursuits, Book 2
Music: Opal Wheeler books, & Music & Moments with the Master
Science: Exploring Creation with Botany, by Jeannie Fulbright
Geography: Trailguide to U.S. Geography (1st half of states) and in conjunction with Cantering the Country; Indiana State History & Geography (extended study)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay my friend - how do you fit all of that in?
I am so glad you recently mentioned the IEW program - I have looked at it for years trying to decide whether it was worth the money. Sounds like it is. Please update us on how it goes with your kids.
On a side note- I am also doing NP Kindergarten with my two youngest and we are about to finish our fairy tales study. I planned a celebration day to finish this and the nursery rhyme study we already did. I have the plans all typed up and am planning on posting them on my blog. Just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to use them. ( :
Blessings,
mandi

EEEEMommy said...

Looks like a full plate!

Anonymous said...

Just wondering how much of it your son will be doing on his own so you can work with your daughter?

Could you share your schedule as well?

Thanks so much!

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa my name is Ali and I live in Hawaii, this is such a blessing! My DD is same age and grade as your DS and our curriculum matches almost perfectly except math..amazing! Then, I have 2DS ages 4&5 and I was looking into SonLight for them but the Noah K you mention looks interesting. Take care and God Bless!