"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pantry Power

I know you could care less about my pantry, but you don't understand! I never had a pantry until we moved into this house nearly four years ago. And during the past four years, my "walk-in" pantry has suffered from the "sling and reach" syndrome. Sling it in, then reach for what you want.

I have conquered pantry management and have proof (see photos!). My objectives
included:

  • The desire to actually "see" everything.
  • To be able to walk in the walk-in.
  • To purge unwanted...everything!
  • To have a pantry my children could use, including giving them the ability
    to put groceries away.
  • To have a place for everything, and everything in it's place.
  • To label everything.

There are a couple of things I'm particularly pleased with:

  • My pan/sheet holder: which is a heavy wire plate holder laying on it's side. It sits on the floor. Works like a dream!

  • My emergency basket: It includes paper plates, etc., great for quick on-the-go meals or when unexpected guests (of the child variety) appear.

  • My overflow tub: includes all the paper towel rolls, tin foil, etc. Things I can never remember I have and always over buy because of it. Or run out. Equally bad!

Heavy items rarely used are up high. Note the pans in the lower right.

Like items are near each other. Meal items are on the left side and back wall.


The right side includes baking and breakfast items.

Under the griddle is a 66qt tub with kitchen linens (mostly seasonal).

Again, tubs for overflow, bulk, and items like mixer attachments (necessary to keep close).

Grocery bags & drinks. Once these bags are full, all other bags are going in the trash!

Emergency "picnic" basket.

Everything labeled!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow! You go girl! You are so organized. I too have a walk in pantry, such a blessing IF you can keep in organized like this. Your post has inspired me to work on my mess here. Thanks for your ideas.

Blessings, Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89