"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cooties

There is nothing quite like the NOT warm, fuzzy feeling you get when you discover your child has an extremely contagious infection WHILE you are visiting friends for a play date! Oh yes! The green slime that began pouring down my daughter's face is Conjunctivitis--more commonly referred to as Pink Eye. And no. Her eye was not pink. But it was itchy. Oh the green! Not a pretty color!

It always helps to have a great pediatrician. The nurse on the phone did not hesitate in letting me know what was occuring and that they would NOT require her presence in their office--full of small children and new borns. Did I mention it's extrememely contagious?! Yeah.

So antibiotic drops last night and she is much better this morning though her eye is still nearly swollen shut.

This was a first for us. She wanted to know how she got it.... Dirty hands all over her face, up her nose, in her eyes, in her ears, etc., etc., etc. My sweet friend who was hosting us played the "oh well" card. So brave!

Germs stink.

2 comments:

Fruitful Vine Lady said...

Hi Melissa!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I love the quote you shared, and think I will play around with it to see if I can come up with something worth showing.

Sorry about the pink eye! Yuck. Something I always do when we find ourselves with an infection like pink eye is to put some colloidal silver on a cotton ball and rub it on the closed eye, over the lid. It is so soothing! And, it clears up the infection pretty quickly. HTH

Oh, and I love your blog. I'm glad I found it.
Blessings,
Tonya

EEEEMommy said...

I hope she's feeling better! I used to get pink eye a lot when I was younger. :(