"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oh! The Birds!

We live in an unusual area. It's a fairly new, large neighborhood on a golf course with numerous ponds. In other words, large open spaces with no trees...and with water. As a result, we have unusual bird situations. Too many geese to imagine--flying, honking, honking flying. Then, there are the cow birds.

We don't like the cow birds. Cow birds are not our friends. Cow birds hog the bird feeders and keep other birds away.

They did, however, provide us with this fairly unusual (to some) sight the other morning. We've seen this often, though I know of one friend who was mesmerized by this sight--I guess that gives it higher ranking!


Out our front window...our little bitty pear tree.


Our road and across the street.


Startled! As they fly over, the room goes dark. Quite the cloud!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

OH my!! We have Cow birds too, but I have never seen that many! Yikes!

Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89

Kathy said...

Those cow bird flocks sure bring back memories! We used to have hordes in our former house (new development--wonder if there's some connection?)but none here (a relief!). We have had thousands of grackles landing in the tops of our trees, though.
Kathy @ www.restorationplace.typepad.com