"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Paper Fun You Shouldn't Miss

I'm a cuttin' fiend. Yes. I cut out 500 zillion Civil War paper dolls soldiers and a mega-plethora of girly paper dolls (past & present!) and I've cut out at least a billion pictures to scrapbook. There is nothing quite like the feel of a wonderfully sharp pair of Honey Bee Scissors. I have one scissor challenged child, and one who always cuts perfectly (girl!). Loving those scissors and cutting is both a blessing and a curse!

I've always loved intricately cut things like snowflakes, and winter is one of those times where cutting paper, is the most fun. So here are a few of our favorite links. We've used these goodies for history, geography, and even science. We also just make 'em for fun!

If you haven't heard of the Toymaker, you're missing out. This link will take you to all her paper toys, which are extraordinary. Be sure to check out the Christmas "toys". Sign up for her newsletter to receive the latest greatest.

There are some really cool items in several categories (science!) here. Their volcano was particularly useful!

How about a paper models of important places like the US Capitol building. Here's an absolutely unbelievable list of goodies, including a nativity I'm printing out right now!

Now here's something son particularly enjoys: Paper airplanes galore! We mustn't forget this really cool rocket either!

As you can see, the possibilities are endless. BE AWARE however, that content on some of the sites DOES CHANGE so if you see something you think you'll use, go ahead and print it out. I've missed a few goodies by holding on to the link. A link for nothing, gives you NOTHING!

AND USE CARDSTOCK!

AND HAVE FUN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these links! Now I really do have to order more printer ink. I've been trying to see how long I can without any, I guess. ;)

Stacey said...

Thanks Melissa! you just gave me the solution to our "what can the kids make for each other" problem! I'm so excited about the Toymaker that i'm gonna post about it too!

Kathy said...

We made the rocket several months ago. It really works! Bet your boy would love it.
Kathy @ www.restorationplace.typepad.com