"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Friday, December 19, 2008

On Copywork

Copywork is one of those things that I never "got". As much as I would want my children to have perfect handwriting, forcing son to write has never accomplished much. BUT, that is NOT what copywork is for (alone) and THAT is what I missed in my understanding. Here is a wonderful series on copywork at Understanding Charlotte. If copywork has baffled you, like it has me, read and think it through once more.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Yep! I crack up when I talk about doing copy work and people say, we already have a handwriting PROGRAM. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

This would make a nice submission to the next CM Carnival. Hint, Hint. ;o)

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I guess I didn't "get" copywork either after reading through these!! Thanks for sharing!