"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Monday, May 26, 2008

Granola Glorious

So.

Homemade granola is just about the best thing in the world...or the worst, depending on the recipe! This recipe rocks! I've taken my old recipe and tweaked it with a very yummy outcome.

In a turkey roasting pan (with light spray of butter or no-stick magunga) mix 6 cups of whole oats, 1/3 c coconut oil, 1/4 sucanat brown sugar, and 1/2 c raw or natural honey.

Bake for 10 min at 350. Stir. Bake for another 10 min.

Then add 1c chopped walnuts, 2/3 to 1c slivered almonds (or pumpkin seeds), 1 generous tsp of cinnamon, 4 generous pinches of coarse sea salt (or kosher salt) AND 1-2 tsp of vanilla! Yummy! Mix good. Bake 10 min. Stir. Cool. Gobble up. No need to ever pay THOSE prices for store-bought granola again!

It's that simple.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, that sounds so yummy! And one of my favorite things to eat is yogurt with granola on top. Thanks for sharing this, I'll definitely be trying it.

Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89

Anonymous said...

ok-can you enlighten me? I've never eaten granola :)
(sorry-I grew up in a house where no one cooked!)

do you eat it plain like a snack or with something??

Melissa said...

Ooooh! We love the granola as just a snack, but we mainly eat it for breakfast with yogurt or milk. A little goes a long way, unlike rice krispie! heehee Sliced fruit is nice with it, too.

Anonymous said...

thanks!
I'll have to give it a try!