"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Friday, May 09, 2008

Little Steps Are Nice

Recognizing little steps has been very encouraging to me on our quest for healthier, more simple living. Yesterday, for example, was the first time I poured vinegar into my rinse aid dispenser in the dish washer! Vinegar that is a lot cheaper than Jet Dry and also not toxic. My children (oldest) can even fill it now. That's a good feeling. Another thing to not have to buy!

We also made our second batch of laundry soap. Love it. We have had no adverse affects from the change over at all! Two cups lasted over a month! That's at least 30 washes; more like 45! Works like a charm. Mr. Sensitive Nose--that would be the husband--even approves! Still haven't finished my giant box of Bounce sheets yet, so not sure what I'm going to do then for softener. I'm still in "discovery" mode!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for your great ideas! I am trying harder each and everyday to switch everything over to natural cleaners.

So you have to tell me, does the vinegar smell linger on the dishes, or is it not an issue? I'd like to give it a try.

Blessings,
Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89

Melissa said...

Oh, by the way, I almost forgot to say thank you so much for your kind words on my blog, about it being inspiring. That is truly such a blessing to hear, because that is exactly what a pray that my blog is. Thanks for taking the time to let me know, it does a heart good!

Blessings!
Melissa

Dana said...

Put vinegar in your rinse cycle just like you would fabric softener. That's what we do. Rick was afraid we'd smell like pickles!

Blessings--
Dana