"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sad Morning

Our house is very somber this morning as we grieve for the Chapman family and their loss of little Maria.

As many fans, we feel "related" to our favorite Christian artist and can't even begin to fathom the anguish they are experiencing today.

Our prayers are with them; particularly for their son who was behind the wheel. How he must feel, I can only imagine.

It's amazing how this has affected our emotions this morning. All the horrors that accompany the thought of losing a child. The fact that she was our daughter's age. The whole driveway thing. It will be hard to not think about it for awhile.

But their hope is in Christ...He enfolds them in His arms and lifts them up. I have no doubt they will look to Him for their comfort. I have no doubt that they will find it there, however long it takes.

2 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

So true. God promises to cause it to work together for good, and God always keeps His promises.

Melissa said...

I have felt so sick for them. But yes, I know they will hold on to Christ's hope.

An article that Steven and his wife had written was one of the tools that the Lord used to lead us to adopt from China.

Blessings,
Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89