"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Recognizing the Question

We started our school day as usual. Prayer, memorization practice from our card files, singing and Bible time. But daughter had a question. "When can I put cards in my box?"

I know that she has been an eager 4yo. Eager to learn. Eager to do what brother does. So to answer her eagerness, I told her how in the fall she would be doing more school with brother.

She agreed and the conversation went back to our place amidst our daily routine.

It wasn't until I "woke up" the next morning that it hit me. She wasn't asking about the box. She was asking to memorize scripture. She wanted her own Bible verses to practice. She wanted to really learn what her bubba was learning. I missed it.

I didn't recognize the question.

So I talked with her about it, and we learned a verse together. She skipped away with a smile on her face. We'll add a card to her box and it will find it's place front and center beginning immediately. This is the day the Lord has made!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Taking the time to really listen to my children...that's something I've learned a whole lot about this last couple of years. It's about taking the time to listen deeper just one more second and we can hear the most wonderful things!

But often my ability to hear further comes when all is quiet and I'm lying in bed at night, or like you said the next morning. The Holy Spirit helps us in that way, so we don't miss those precious opportunities. Thank the Lord.

Thanks for sharing your sweet story.

Blessings,
Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89