"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Friday, January 16, 2009

Ashes to Ashes



This is the day that my Mom died 9 years ago.
It was a sunny day and much warmer than today! Her death was expected, yet a surprise. Is anyone every really ready for someone to be gone forever?

My Dad had her creamated and spread her ashes beneath a beautiful tulip tree in the backyard of the family home that they had shared for 40 years. But he waited five years to do it.
A year after that he re-married and sold the family home.

I decided to dig her up.
Don't laugh! It just so happened that there was beautiful soft earth and moss growing under that beautiful shade tree. I thought it might be fitting to fill a beautiful pot and re-plant the Impatiens that my son had just given me for Mother's Day.
So I did it. I dug her up.



Every year on this date, she blooms for me.
Miss you, Mama.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa!

I would have done the exact same thing. What a loving God we serve, that He cares so much to bloom this lovely plant for you today! Thinking about you and your mom today. Have a great weekend!

Tammy

Daisy said...

What a beautiful gift. Okay, I'm totally choked up. I hope you have a special day full of memories.

Anonymous said...

Oh Melissa...you made me get all misty eyed!

Beth

Shannon said...

What a beautiful thing to do! May you be flooded with happy, cherished memories when you look at your beautiful flower.

Dana said...

Your mom was special, that's for sure!

I have a Christmas ornament she gave me and I was telling the girls that is was from your kids' grandmother. I think they got it. Anyway, I cherish it.

Blessings--
Dana