"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Read Bible?

I've been contemplating re-reading the Bible thru again this year. Though I read the Bible last year, I didn't read ALL of the Bible last year so it's been two whole years since I had the joy of reading Leviticus!

Someone posted this really interesting article on reading through the Bible in a year. But, nah... I really just want to read some every day and leave something to the Holy Spirit's leading. (Though I'm sure his plan is brilliant and inspired!). And if I was going to be totally honest, I like the things the author mentions contemplating, but I'm not sure you need to read it 47 times to get that. But what do I know?!! :)

Anyway, I've used the one (I think) he spoke of that is always posted at Homeschool World (though the 2009 one isn't up yet). I googled plans and found this great site that has all kinds of options and versions to choose from.

I decided on the chronological ESV. I have four days to catch up on, but no biggie! I've always enjoyed reading the Word!

On top of this, I also found this great series of posts from Understanding Charlotte where she has used the Catherine Vos book, "Child's Story Bible" (love that book!) and created a Bible reading plan for youngsters. I'm not sure how it compares with what we're using for our Bible time, but I do want some kind of a list for son to read through on his own.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Well, good! Come catch up to me! I am reading the Chronological too!