"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Charotte Moved In

Charlotte Mason has indeed moved into our house. She is here to stay and our whole family could not be happier. Even the husband is singing her praises and ready to take us on a family vacation to Ambleside, England just to be "near" her!

Seriously. We are a family that has begun a beautiful metamorphosis. Our transformation is slow and mesmerizing, but never painful. I've never been a "one step at a time" type of person--more the "all or nothing" sort. However, I am genuinely appreciative of each step of progress and I'm not pushing! We have yet to let our later afternoons in on our new family member, but I have high hopes for upcoming days. The resources we have gathered are now our friends, rather than our enemies.

Training has officially begun! Training of good habits. We're being oh so careful not to let things slide, but to stand and count them in the moment. I look forward to seeing where we go a year from now, or even a few weeks!

Just so you know...we haven't had one "I hate school" OR even an "I hate math" since she came and conquered! We are sooo going to England!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yippee! I'm so blessed to hear that the Charlotte Mason education is fitting you so well. It is wonderful!

Blessings,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Have you read 'For the Children's Sake'? This book has sold me on CM as well! Our tiny little library had it and I was so pleased to see a home education book there that I checked it out. I was completely unaware of the great treasure I had just found. I read through it in a week and am now purchasing my own copy. Anyways, all that to say that we too are leaning in a very CM direction as well. I think it blends nicely with the PA. Have you checked out SimplyCharlotteMason.com - love this site!

Kayluray said...

I love how you stated this. Charlotte Mason moved into our house a while ago and I don't want her to leave anytime soon.