"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Friday, January 02, 2009

One Year Ago Today



One year ago today I thought it would be a great idea to take my kids to the ice skating rink for the first time. I carefully held the hand of my 4yo and my 8yo son took off with a friend. Within minutes we were headed to the Emergency Room. His concussion caused a temporary (Praise the Lord!) short-term memory loss that was incredibly frightening. I'm happy to report he quickly recovered and will have nothing more to do with thoughts of ice skating.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Nothing like a concussion to drive out any desire for ice skating. Roller skating, maybe? Yikes, bowling. Bowling sounds good.

Dana said...

Brandie really wants to go ice skating. I'm thinking about taking her, but only if we can use a helmet!

I had a concussion the week before Thanksgiving. Ended up with a black eye and still have the bruise on my forehead. It was from slipping in a hotel bathroom and hitting my head on the doorframe. You just never know what's going to happen!

Blessings--
Dana