"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Celebrating Tasha Tudor Day

I have to admit, looking at Tasha Tudor artwork "awes" me. It is so delicate and beautiful! When I had a little girl, I renewed my interest in Tasha Tudor books; remembering my Mama and how she always wanted to dress me up like the artwork in the books!

I haven't given the artist, who just passed away this June, that much thought as I've grown older, but when I saw, over at Author Fiesta, an announcement for this date, I was excited. I only wish I had more of her books! I've done a bit of research and link-following and been inspired! So, while I read the books we have to the kids today, play in the garden, and share a tea party with them, I'll dream of all things "Tasha" and hope some of it rubs off on them (especially daughter!).

Here are a couple of links you may find interesting:

The Tudor Family Website and Store
Tasha Tudor Notebooking Pages

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is off topic...

I saw that you're a friend of Marsha (drewsfamilytx)'s, so I wanted to ask you to pray for her. If you're not sure why, please stop by her blog or mine.
thanks.

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Suzanne

Netherfieldmom said...

Hope you've found Corgiville Fair at your library. We are on our 4 & 5th corgi and my husband actually took our first corgi to "meet" Tasha at a Christmas celebration. I have pictures of her in her garb petting my pooch as he roots into her little velvet purse for treats. Her work is completely enchanting.