"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Friday, August 01, 2008

Our Last Hoorah

Today is the last week day of our summer break. Monday, it's back to the books. Though we've had a glorious break, it's difficult to imagine what may be ahead. The planning and scheduling is nearly complete. The organizing is done. The laundry is in a state of "being laundry".

There is never a lack of things to prepare. There never will be! But for today, we will prepare for son's birthday party tomorrow, do a little errand running, and catch a little "play in the sun" between scattered showers. We will enjoy each other and go to bed weary from our day. We may even forget for a moment that our free-time is soon to be limited and our brains will soon be in over-drive!

We'll probably miss our carefree days, but maybe, just maybe we'll appreciate our down time more. We're learning to make the most of each opportunity and here's our chance to put it to the test! May God have mercy on us and show us the benefits of seeking His face. This is Friday, August 1st, 2008.

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

I think a birthday party is a grand way to end summer vacation! I'll be praying for you next week! Call me when your brain is fried. :)