"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Project Up

We are soon to finish our third week of school and I've been feeling a bit restless. For someone who is very project-driven, to have months of school planning take off means I've got a clean "project" slate. This could be bad!

There is always the usual tweaking to be done with our school lessons, but I'm beginning to smell the winter craft bug. Images of crocheting, scrapbooking, baking, and rug making are filling my head. This is not a good thing! I have too much day-to-day homekeeping that I haven't mastered.

My typical reaction is shut-down mode. This is where, instead of continuing to be productive while I contemplate the future, I shut down. Zone out. Vegg. In other words, be worthless. Of course, it hasn't helped that the husband is business tripping it on the other side of the continent (more on that later). My vision isn't necessarily blurry; just my reality!

Those who know me well might tell you that I'm an all or nothing type. That would be fairly accurate. If I can't do it all, I do nothing--at least for as long as it takes me to get a grip. I'm getting a grip right now, by the way. So I start out daydreaming and end up cleaning like a tornado. Then I project plan to my heart's content! "I wanna..., I wanna..., I wanna..." is my mantra. I wanna make beautiful things. I wanna bake incredible goodies. I wanna have time for tea.

I think about my extremely creative and industrious grandmother and I sigh. I love all the things she loved, and I so wish she had lived past my eleventh year. My, oh my.

By tomorrow night, I'll know whether or not I'm truly out of my ever-lovin' mind. That's when the hubby returns...And hopefully I'll have the perfect project plan, up and running. Until then, the grip-getting continues...the tornado cleaning begins!

Why is that scrapbook table looking at me like that?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

It must be in the air. I just finished some yummy, but labor-intensive, baking for a birthday. The girls just reminded me that I have hats and a scarf on the to do list before the holidays. I finally cleaned off the scrapbooking table and scrapbooking suddenly sounds like so much fun!
Hopefully you'll at least find time for tea :-)
~Tracy

Anonymous said...

I can hardly thing about additional projects at this point. Homeschool is all I can handle at this point. Although we didn't get all our work done, it has been a great first week.

suz

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

I think it's the change of seasons, because I'm starting to get it, too. I want to finish that cross-stitch I started months ago, catch up on my scrapbooking, do some other projects I've been putting off, and start baking lots of goodies!