"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sunday Night

It's Sunday night. Down to the wire and I think I'm finished. Oh, I'm sure I could come up with something else to plan or organize, but for the moment, I'm done. I'm ready.

I asked daughter if she was excited about starting school tomorrow and being with Mama and brother to learn good things. She said no. But, she said yes yesterday and earlier today. I pick those answers!

Son. Well, I'm trying not to project my anxiety over him "hating" school work. Especially because I know he really doesn't hate it, but is dealing with this 8/9 yo attitude issue that I keep hoping will pass. Now would be a good time. :)

I'm concentrating on thankfulness. I don't want this week to be about my efforts, or my children's attitudes but about how awesome it is that God has given us the privilege of knowing Him and learning all that He has for us. Oh, please Lord. Let us see your face.

I'm nervous about managing both children with lessons. I'm nervous about my own energy level, as well as my patience. I know all too well how the best laid plans of man often fail. That's why it's got to be about Him. I don't want to forget for a moment.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day of the year, so far. We'll be inside! I offered son the option of having lessons outside, but he wants to be in the school room (pictures to come). Now, having seen the weather, I'm relieved.

I'm really thinking that my response will set the pace for the day. No pressure. HA! I'm not sad that the public school down the road starts on Tuesday. That will help with some issues.

I'm off to enjoy the rest of my evening with a little bit of kitchen cleaning thrown in. Everyone has their clean underwear and 4yo is already asleep--on time! One more to go. If you don't hear from me, send out the troops.

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

I prayed for you off and on throughout the day yesterday. At one point, I almost called to see how you were doing, but I did't want to interrupt. I hope your first day was a great success! :)