"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Sunday, August 31, 2008

She Reads

Once again "Spell to Write and Read" proves itself.

She reads!

My daughter, who is turning five next week, is reading! I'd forgotten over the past four years (since her older brother learned) the feeling of elation that comes with hearing those first words go from page to brain and pop out the mouth! She's enthralled with books and bounding with excitement.

And finally she's interested in "Between the Lions", the PBS phonics program that I religiously taped when son was in preschool. Great for 90+ degree days!

Unlike when son first read, daughter is reaping the benefits of homeschool experience and homeschool conventions. Instead of tripe to read, we're enjoying the likes of the McGuffey Readers, the Pictorial Primer, and the New England Primer. And this is only the beginning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Way to go!! Little Dance for both of you!

Since I subscribed to your blog I don't actually get over here very often, but read lots! My, everyone is growing!

Love from Australia!

Teena in Toronto said...

That's awesome!

Happy blogoversary!

EEEEMommy said...

WooHoo! :)