"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

So Much To Tell: The Schedule

We have three days of school under our belt and are making all kinds of progress! I must tell you how grateful I am to my prayer buddies who lifted us up this week. Thank you, thank you!

Let me just tell you how thankful I am. I'm thankful that Monday's only happen once a week and that the first Monday of a school year only happens once a year! Yuck. Now, while it wasn't completely horrid, it had it's rough moments and they were looonnggg moments. Our day began at 7am; school starting at 8:15am and ending at 4:30pm. Yep. It was a long one.

I'm happy to report however, and am oh so grateful, that Tuesday came in two hours less. Whew. Today lessened the load still further by another 15 minutes. I'm hoping we'll sit comfortably at 1:30ish.

Getting everything done was not an issue since we literally had all the time we needed. I'm thankful, again, that experience has shown me that things will settle down as time goes on. The schedule that I made for the first week lasted half the day as I "let it go" for better results. The next schedule I made didn't get used at all, and I'm contemplating whether or not we've had enough days to justify truly attempting a third! I will say, nothing would have come together if it weren't for check lists. LOVE check lists!

Overall, daughter's lessons did not take near as long as I thought they would, and son's are about what I expected, give or take a bit. It shouldn't take too long to find a balance.

I'll add that time-wise, we've all gotten up on time and done very well getting ourselves together, breakfasted up and moving. By last night, however, this Mommy was feeling it. Just a wee bit on the tired side (iow--wiped out!). That carried forward to dragging myself out of bed this morning, rather than the bounding out that I had hoped for.

I'm excited to share more about what we are doing. It's going to be a great year!

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Well done!
I'm exhausted myself just reading this post. The first week is always the most challenging. We've been getting back into the swing of things ourselves, getting our timeline up to date, getting back on track with Bible readings, continuing with Math & English. Just a couple of hours at the table working on history left me ready for a nap. :)