"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Passover

Passover begins this Saturday and we'll be worshiping and rejoicing in Jesus death and resurrection--all that He did for us as the ultimate sacrifice--at that time (we don't celebrate Easter as you may have guessed from this ,and this). I thought I would follow Lisa's example and share some of my favorite resources. As usual, you must search these things out for yourself!

I really have enjoyed some of the studies done by Christine Miller of Nothing New Press. Here she tells about her upcoming planning for Passover.

I also have found a tremendous amount of information from Robin Sampson (Heart of Wisdom) and her Biblical Holidays book, which has been a great inspiration to us.

For our family, we are not so much concerned with keeping of "festivals" in a Jewish tradition, as we are with "remembering" what God has put before us "when" we are called to by scripture. So while we don't celebrate a Christian Seder as many do, we have our Crucifixion and Resurrection Day remembrances at the time of actual Passover.

Primarily, it is from searching out scripture that we came to this conclusion for our family! We look forward to "remembering" all these things!

Matthew 26-28

No comments: