"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pitchin' It

I just did something that I have never done in my life (at least that I can recall). I got 3/4th of the way through a book and decided to pitch it--back in the library return pile. It was so dull, I didn't have any desire to continue. It kinda' surprised me because it was from an author I usually like. It was "Mark's Story" by Tim LaHaye. Now don't get me wrong...the Bible part was great. It was the fictionalized portion that was sadly lacking. I suppose that could be because we don't really know that much about Mark. Anyhoo. I gave up. It made me tired. I guess with my book post and the reminder that I have a billion good books to read, I figured why waste my time on an icky. BTW, "John's Story" was great! So go figure.

Well, I anxiously retrieved another book from my pile. This one, "Laddie", by Gene Stratton-Porter. I LOVE her books! "Girl of the Limberlost" is an all-time favorite, as is "Freckles". We'll see how this one works. So far, so good. Can hardly put it down.

1 comment:

Netherfieldmom said...

I haven't been reading you lately, trying not to linger on computer...but Laddie is one of my all-time faves. I was shocked by how much I loved it! I have only read Keeper of the Bees before it and that was sort of strange. I'll be in hospital with #3 for several days this week, so I'm stocking my reading bag for that.