"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Monday, January 14, 2008

Crochet: Poncho Power


Like a dream come true, I've completed crocheting a poncho for my sweet girl! I've always wanted to crochet more; more than afghans, that is! Daughter is just girly enough to appreciate this poncho, but it has been an adjustment for her--she can't quite flap her arms as she is often apt to do :) And, it's a bit large for her, in hopes it will "last" longer! Here is the pattern I used. Don't laugh when you see the title!





I hope to make more projects in the near future. Currently I'm crocheting a set of window sill covers to bring a bit of color to my white trim/white blind/no curtain windows. I'm also working on a bag and custom kleenex box covers. I'll post those as I finish them.
Crocheting is one of the easiest, most enjoyable of handicrafts for me. I use it often to just keep productive--no idle hands--when participating in activities that do not require my hands. If you get a hankering to learn, there are excellent tutorials in most crochet books. Many are available at the public library.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa! I'd love to be one of the first to leave you a comment at your new place. The poncho is beautiful! I cannot crochet one iota. Then again I've only tried once and then said, "I need to finish my quilt, I cannot start one more thing!" Once I get a little more accomplished in the organization dept., I'm going to finish that quilt. I do plan to finish it this winter.
You know, everytime I read one of your posts you always seem to mention a book or a website that sounds sooo good that I go check it out...what a time zapper! It's all so bittersweet. :)
I've got a book for you to read, since you are also trying to cut out sugars and processed foods -- it's called "The Seven Pillars of Health" by Dr. Don Colbert. He's a strong Christian and the book is excellent! Hubby and I both read it and have really started implementing some changes. By the way, I made healthy cookie this past weekend that was great. I'll e-mail you the recipe and you can try it yourself.
Jennifer :)

Renae said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Great job.

Peace to you,
Renae
Life Nurturing Education

EEEEMommy said...

Adorable!!! How about you teach me to crochet and I'll teach you how to french braid hair? I miss you! How's the boy?