"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Teaching Principles

My friend Renae over at Life Nurturing Education, wrote a great post about teaching Biblical Principles in mathematics (this is not your public school "math"!), and this really touched me:

"Using the stones from my soul, I draw my little ones close. Which stones are the most effective, the most powerful? I don’t know exactly, but I suspect it’s the brightest, smoothest, and heaviest. In my worn leather bag that stone is love: love for my children and love for the creation of God. It is the foundation stone. Everything else will build on that."
I really wanted to share it, because I want to remember it myself! I'm afraid I've gotten a bit too lax in the "teaching" aspect of math, having come to a point in our RightStart (which we love) where there is practice and mastery; not much new, and the ability for son to do it on his own.
Oh! the challenges! May they never cease.

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Great post, and beautiful blog. I hadn't visited before!
Did you see that she replied to your comment? Her reply was similar to our conversation last night....
Alright, enough procrastinating! :)