"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Wednesday, January 16, 2008


Tuesday's art picture of the day (See: Art Calendar in "Art Appreciation" post) was a beautiful painting by Albrecht Durer entitled Lot and His Daughters. We enjoyed examining the work and son was the first to spot Lot's wife--aka the Pillar of Salt! Son did question the choice of clothing, thinking it was not quite what they would have worn (bright colors?). Rather insightful. Seeing how Durer depicted the wrath of God coming down from heaven was also amazingly beautiful. It's hard to imagine that this doesn't happen to us now! I suppose it'll come.

So far, we are enjoying our art each day! Today's picture was of a mother smoking a pipe while her baby plays on the floor. Ick! Not quite what I would have chosen! :)

1 comment:

Renae said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying this. I still haven't ordered mine. Isn't that silly? I don't really plan on using it for every day. I'm just going to pick the prints I like. But the smoking mom could lead to all kinds of interesting discussion. :)

Peace to you,
Renae
Life Nurturing Education