"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Recounting the Day

Psalm 9:1-2 says...
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and exult in you;
I will sing praise to your name,
O Most High.

This got me thinking. At the end of the day, do I look back on the checked off list of things accomplished; gaze fixedly at the wall in frustration for all that I haven't gotten done, or do I "recount all of your [the Lord's] wonderful deeds."?

I pray that each day I will think only on the things that HE has done; looking at my own "accomplishments" in HIS light, and most of all "be glad", "exult in YOU", and "sing praises to YOUR name"!

1 comment:

Renae said...

What a beautiful reminder! He has very different eyes, doesn't he? All these things that I think are so important are passing away, but what Christ does in and through me is not. I needed this today. Thank you.

Peace to you,
Renae
http://reflective.homeschooljournal.net/