"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

When Prayer is an Answer to Prayer



When we sat down to do our lessons today, we held hands to say our prayers and invite the Holy Spirit to lead us, as we do every day. Today, however, daughter (4yo) chimed in that she wanted to pray. This was particularly important because she has "seemed" (up to this point) to barely tolerate prayer. She hasn't wanted to participate, close her eyes (which we have never taught is necessary, but helpful) or even just listen.



This morning as she asked to pray, she bowed her head and closed her eyes and prayed her little heart out, including giving thanks. This is a first and blessed me tremendously as I listened to her put her own words together without leading, prompting--and in joy! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Rejoicing with you! :)