"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Monday, January 28, 2008

Remember Harvest?


If you have been in the Christian music scene very long, then you have to remember a group called Harvest. They began back in the late 70's, I believe, and were making the best music for years after. They gave huge sold-out concerts all over the US. They had many top ten hits during the early years of growing Christian radio.

Well, I knew them because they were from my home church in Indiana. Jerry Williams, the lead and founder of the group was actually our youth group leader! It cracks me up to think about that because he's had such an incredible ministry all these years and he was "my" youth group leader!

Well, the group is no longer, but Jerry is still making beautiful music. It has always blessed me beyond belief. He writes from God's Word and it is Powerful! There isn't a song he's written that will not surround you with the arms of our Loving Father! This is real "listening" music. It's prayerful and shines the truth of who God is. I know that God has undoubtedly laid each lyric on his heart and he's shared it with us. I have been so blessed by his music all these years, and he's still writing and recording, AND he's now sharing his music on Myspace and through he and his wife's ministry, EPIC Ministries.

If you want to be blessed, go listen--then go over to EPIC and order one of his CD's for a donation.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Hi Melissa,

That sounds like good stuff. I'll have to go and check it out.

Thanks for your recent stop by my blog and your comment. I'm always amazed that anyone is interested in what I have to say, and even more so since the blog has suffered neglect from me since our return home from London!

I see we share a home state! I'll be keeping up with your blog.

Really like your sidebar about your focus for 2008. It's very similar to mine. Mine is one word...relationship.

Warmly,
Joni