"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Monday, January 21, 2008

Making Goals


Since September, I've had the goal of making goals. How pathetic is that! :) Wow! Okay, so seriously, I've had this form for setting goals for the year and I keep looking at it. Though I haven't filled it out, I have established some "goals of thought". Maybe not the same to those who are die-hard goal-setters, but it's a start.


With that in mind, it occured to me during my all-day weekly planning, that my frustration with not getting certain things done... week after week, might better be served by establishing weekly goals. Why this seems like such a revolutionary idea to me, I'm not quite sure--but it does.


I've got this list. I've added to it even today. I have high hopes for victory. Don't you just love that word? "Victory!" So, we'll see how it all ends. Here are a few verses worth remembering as I claim another victory:


Deu 20:4 for the LORD your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.'

1Ch 29:11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Pro 21:31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.

1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Jn 5:4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.


Gotta just love God's Word! Also E-Sword, which helps in word searches!


What's on my goal list for the week? I can't share them all, but here are a few:


  1. Put all the laundry away! Don't leave any in baskets.

  2. Follow menu plan, even when husband is gone.

  3. Complete our full school plan for each day.

  4. Deal with scrapbook area.

  5. Go through one cook book each day to add to Recipe Binder.

3 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

I'm always better with weekly goals myself. Only having a day to do something is too much pressure.
I'm wrestling with a strong conviction to become more routine/scheduled...I failed at MOTH once, but I'm thinking I ought to revisit it.

randi said...

It is definitely harder to stick with the menu when my hubs is gone! I like to drag out the easy to cook junk food when he is not around, and now that we are eating healthy, I will probably have to change that!

Hanley Family said...

e-sword is the coolest. : ) And welcome to Blogger...next thing you know, you will be hosting your own blog somewhere. : )