"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Monday, March 03, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: March 3-9


I've been having a bit of frustration with the amount of time it's taking to plan my menus! Ergggh! :) What I've decided to do is to stick to meal patterns ("15 Minute Meal Planning," by Sue Gregg) with only minor changes and specifics each week. Part of my problem has been too many new recipes to look through and choose from. I'm going to put new recipes right on my upcoming meal plans and that way I'll remove some guess work. I always serve fresh fruit (or the occasional all-natural applesauce) with every meal, as well as fresh as many fresh veggies as I can find.

Breakfast Meal Pattern
Mon--Granola OR Oatmeal, & Yogurt
Tue--Waffles, Turkey bacon OR Sausage
Wed--Eggs OR Muffin w/Yogurt
Thu--French Toast w/all fruit jelly
Fri--Granola OR Eggs
Sat--Pancakes, Sausage OR Turkey Bacon
Sun--Oatmeal & Yogurt

Lunch Meal Pattern
Mon--Soup OR Raman Noodles w/Egg, Salad (This will probably change as the weather warms!)
Tue--Meat & Cheese Sandwich w/veggie
Wed--Snack Lunch (Turkey Pepperoni, Cheese cubes, carrots, Whole Grain Crackers, Sunflower Seed Butter, & fruit)
Thu--Quesadillas (Cheese, Meat & Cheese, or Veggie) & salad
Fri--Macaroni & Cheese w/Broccoli
Sat--Sunflower Seed Butter & Jelly Sandwich w/veggie
Sun--Sandwiches OR Left-overs

Dinner Meal Pattern
Mon--Chicken, veggie, toast OR rice
Tue--Turkey, salad OR veggie, rolls
Wed--Pork OR beef, veggie OR salad, rice OR grain
Thur--Pasta, veggie OR salad, bread OR rolls
Fri--Turkey OR fish, salad, rice OR grain
Sat--Crock Pot (including veggies), rolls OR corn bread
Sun--Homemade Pizza (veggie & meat), salad, bread sticks (opt)

This week's specifics include making:
Citrus Waffles
Sweet Spiced French Toast
Homemade Granola
Grahamcake Pancakes

Coconut Chicken
Lemon Poppy Turkey Burgers
Easy Garlic Pork Roast
Spaghetti
Grandpa's Fish
Texas Style Chili

I'll post more recipes soon! :) For more Menu Plan Monday go HERE!

3 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

You don't do much with potatoes. Is there a reason for that?

Also, have you ever tried Quinoa? It looks a little weird, but I enjoy it. I think it tastes better than Cous-cous, and it's really healthy!

Netherfieldmom said...

I could sure use help here. I was at the grocery at 5 pm last night, AFTER I had already cooked the rice. :( Hubby and I are both sick of thinking of things to cook, although we love to cook and love to go to cooking websites. Maybe it's the weather (except for Sunday!!)

Jennifer said...

I really need to work up something like this, too. Looking forward to seeing your recipes!