"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

On Librarying

I have a lot of books. 'Bout a zillion, according to my husband and every other male that has ever entered my house.

I've been in mourning today because somehow I inadvertently missed the quarterly book sale at our library. How this could possibly happen to me at this stage in my life, is a great mystery. The fact that it has depressed me so, truly tells you I need sunshine (& warmth!) desperately. That should be coming by the end of the week--right before the snow...again.

So in reparation for missing the sale and feeling like the bottom had just dropped out of my Bibliofilic existence, I bought bookshelves. Okay, I didn't really buy them because I missed the sale. I've been planning on buying them; saving up and checking stores for a while. It just so happens that the time to buy them was now...right after I missed the sale--boohoo!

I'm rather excited about these mongo shelves because they were an incredible deal and they are TALLL to fit nicely in my new library with the 9' ceilings. They are coming in the nick of time as well. I've already lost two books to the "Piles-O-Books Monster" since beginning the move into said new library about two months ago. They are slated for delivery on Thursday, so Friday will be my day. My "get that library done or else" day.

If all goes well, my books should be in order and then I can begin the countdown to the homeschool convention. (I love a good homeschool convention, don't you?) ORRRrrrrrrr...I could just begin that now too, because I'm in that kind of mood.

38 Days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always want more bookshelves! I have plans for walls lined with bookshelves. Until then, I'll keep piling. :)

Your countdown is so funny. I really enjoyed the homeschool convention last year, but haven't decided if I'm going this year. It depends if anyone will go with me. My bibliophile tendencies wear out my closest friends. Sigh... Where do you live, again? :)

EEEEMommy said...

Hooray for new bookcases! :)