"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Friday, March 21, 2008

Son's Clothes

I went through my 8yo son's clothes yesterday. Man! That kid grows so fast, there is not much chance he'll ever wear anything from the year before. It's strange though, because at the end of last summer, as I put his summer things away, they were all too big and I was SURE he'd be able to wear them again. NOT! Even his waist--skinny thing--didn't help this year. His legs grew sooo long, his shorts are not fashionably long enough.

Hey! Anyone else's boys have constant growing pains in the legs? Almost every night he says they ache and asks if I would rub them above and below his knees. This seems to help. He's just growing so TALL!

Anyway, Suz! You'll be getting a pretty complete wardrobe for Z. Multiple seasons, too.

Son does have pretty good taste. I do buy his clothes, but he does have more and more input. He chooses his outfits daily and apart from not dressing appropriately for weather--which apparently is only a mother thing--he does very well.

It took him 8 years to wear through the knees of a pair of jeans. I was a little baffled at first when I realized this, but then it hit me--legos! Ever since he discovered legos, he spends much of his playtime on his knees scootin' around! For some reason, this amuses me. Probably because I love that he loves legos!

Notes to self:

  1. Do not spend money on pajamas that underwear boy won't wear.
  2. Cut off holey jeans for shorts.
  3. Boy does not need dress clothes.
  4. Basketball shorts work for play too.
  5. Wait to buy socks till winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are sooo good to me!

Ditto on the PJ's. Boys wear underwear to bed!

suz