"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Burts Bees: The "Good"--Products Review


I figure it's time to tell you one of the best natural products I've discovered. Actually, two of them...okay, three. But I'll stop there for now.

Just about everyone's heard of Burt's Bees, but have you tried 'em? When I began my quest for all things "non-chemical", their stuff was the first I tried. Imagine my surprise when I found some real wing-dingers.

The Radiance Body Lotion rocks! Imagine a lotion that is great for body, hands, AND faces. I'm so tired of "chemical peel" type moisturizers. I'm old, and getting older. It's not gonna go the other way! Well, this lotion really does work great. More exciting to me than the "faces" too part, is the leg part. I've NEVER been able to put ANYTHING on my legs. Those hair follicles swell up so itchy and mean that it's enough to make you cry--and I have, often. It's always been a chore to keep my legs in sunscreen in the summer. They don't like anything EXCEPT Burt's Bees. Sweet. And oh so soft. Really nice.

Next, I fell head over heels in goo-goo love for their Peppermint Shower Soap. I'm down to my last little scrap and I'm so sad 'cause at $4 a bar, it's gonna be a rare commodity. It really is the most wonderful soap, though. Love it.

Lastly is the Medicated Lip Balm. Goodbye Carmex, hello perfection. Carmex is great and all, but it always gave me little pimples along my lip line. (TMI?) Ick. This stuff is worth it's weight in gold! If I had any.

So there's my two-cents worth. Definitely the "good" side of the natural products out there.

PS. I keep trying their shampoo, but tonight after my hair dried my 8yo son said, "What'd you do to your hair?" And the look on his face said, "Whatever you did, it's NOT good."

4 comments:

Joni said...

That soap sounds yummy. Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

I love the pomegranate chap stick. Don't care for the honey. I like the peppermint too. works great for the chap nose, when you have a cold and your nose won't stop dripping.
Susan

EEEEMommy said...

I just walked past the display in Target last week and thought about buying some in your honor, but didn't. I was hurrying and trying not to spend too much money...

Christy Lee said...

We sell the Burt's Bees products at the Mercantile, and I love them! I use pretty much everything. So I agree with you, but I haven't tried the shampoo. I don't think I will, if those are the results! Thank you so much for posting recipes!!