"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Ps62:2

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Raman Noodles with Egg


I'm very happy that something I tried (a great idea from my friend eeeemommy) actually worked! One of the last of the "processed" convenience foods I've been relying on is Raman noodles. The kids love them and I only use half the seasoning, if that. It was suggested that I drop a scrambled egg into the mix and let it cook with the noodles. I wasn't sure how this would work, but healthier is the objective here so I went for it.

I figured if it flopped I'd be out .27 cents so I wasn't too worried. Well, no complaints! The kids enjoyed it even more and I can breathe a sigh of relief that they had a little protein with their processed noodles! Oh boy. We didn't, however, throw the peas in (per my planned menu) this time. They just couldn't handle that WITH the new change! :) Bad, bad mommy!

3 comments:

Dana said...

I almost wish the girls would eat ramen noodles, being that they are so inexpensive. One of the few convenience foods that I still buy is spaghetti-os. Gross to me, but they love 'em. Thing is, they'll eat the spaghetti-imitation out of a can, but will NOT eat spaghetti (or pizza!) if I make it from scratch. What's up with THAT???

Dana

EEEEMommy said...

I'm glad it worked out! :)

JustAnotherBlogger said...

That eeeemommy, she sure is a smart one (and cute too!).